Whether you own your home or are renting, you can save money on your energy bills. Here are a few energy efficiency tips:
* Fix all dripping faucets. Hot water leaking at a rate of one drip per second can waste up to $35 in electricity in a year.
* Install CFL bulbs. Replacing your five most frequently used light bulbs with Energy Star qualified compact flourescent bulbs can save over $60 per year in energy costs.
* Set your thermostat at 78 in summer and 68 in winter. Each degree cooler or warmer will increase/decrease your energy use by 1%.
* Take showers, not baths. A 10-minute shower uses about five gallons less water than a full bath. Plus a new showerhead will also save you up to $145 each year on electricity.
* Put your computer to sleep. “Sleep” features that power down home electronics can save you up to $70 each year. Plus, get rid of your screen saver. It isn’t necessary and wastes alot of energy.
Our if you would like to check out a new home that is energy efficient please check out some of our floorplans here.